Thursday, August 13, 2009

First Day Success!!

The 2009-2010 school year started out on a great note in the Kalan house! When I got up this morning at 6:50, I found Matevz at the kitchen table with his uniform on and eating his breakfast. I hadn't heard a thing, which is highly unusual. After telling him "Dobro Jutro" and asking him if he wanted to try any of oci's zucchinni bread, he replied, "thanks mommy, but I already had some." For everyone who knows how Matevz usually wakes up (with his demand for s certain cereal that we are inevitably out of and it just goes downhill from there-fast), this was quite the nice shock for me! He finished his breakfast and was grabbing for his backpack by 7:05am. He was ready for kindergarten!! Janko was a little slower to get going, but he was ready for first grade too. His highlight of the day was getting to have lunch with Fr. Rich and of course, playing soccer again at recess with his buddies. We celebrated the day with slushies from Sonic on the way home. If only the next two hundred mornings of school will be as smooth as today!! I can hope, at least!

No comments: