Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Two out of Four!



Check out the pictures of Matevz in his new glasses! Soon after Janko got his glasses this fall, Matevz began to have headaches and tell us that words were blurry. Being the great parents we are, we at first dismissed them as a case of "I want what my brother has". In our defense though, one of the ways that we knew how much Janko needed glasses was because compared to Matevz's results on the highly accurate "flash cards across the room" eye exam, Janko couldn't see anything! So we thought Matevz had great eyes. We were wrong....after two exams, it was determined that he needed bifocals. He has had them five days now and has adjusted wonderfully! It's amazing how much much smoother things run in the house when the boys can see across the room AND see the book in front of them as they read!! Consequently, much to my sadness, it appears that at least two of the kids were blessed with their mother's eyes instead of either father's!! And just when I thought it was finally under control, Polona asked me yesterday, "Mommy, why do I put on Matevz's glasses and they are blurry, but Janko's glasses make everything clear?" . I can only hope she is having a case of "I want what my brothers have". Maybe I had better get that checked out!!


No comments: